Please share with your neighbors, family, tenants, parishioners, and community partners.

In the aftermath of last night’s thunderstorm, I hope this message finds you safe. Our office is actively working to ensure that everyone has access to the necessary resources while power is being restored and debris cleared. To report debris in the City of Houston, call 3-1-1 or use their online 3-1-1 portal. For assistance with power outages, please call CenterPoint Energy at 713-207-2222

Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly at [email protected].

Cooling Centers:

Anyone without air-conditioning can seek relief at any of the following city locations designated as cooling centers. Friday, May 17, 2024, between 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Those needing transportation to a designated cooling center can contact  3-1-1 to request a free ride.

Cooling Center Operations for Friday, May 17-

2 p.m. – 7 p.m.

  • Kingwood Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods Drive, Kingwood, TX. 77345
  • Stude Park Community Center, 1031 Stude Street, Houston, TX. 77007

3 p.m. – 7 p.m.

  • Acres Homes Multi Service Center, 6719 West Montgomery Road, Houston, TX. 77091
  • Sunnyside Multi Service Center, 4410 Reed Rd., Houston, TX 77051
  • Metropolitan Multi Service Center, 1475 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019

CenterPoint Resources:


State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEER):


Harris County Public Health Department:



Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency:

Image Text:Clean Up Safety: -Be careful during clean up-Wear protective clothing: long sleeves & pants, work gloves, face coverings or masks, work boots, hard hats (if necessary)-Work with someone else-Children should NOT help General Safety-Do NOT touch or go near downed power lines.-Listen to local officials for information and special instructions-Be aware of electrical hazards.-Do NOT touch wet electrical equipment.-Turn off electricity at the main breaker (if safe)-Use text messages or social media to communicate with friends or family, if needed-Call 311 to report debris or downed treesProperty Damage- Document property damage:-Take photos-Contact your insurance company

It is an honor to serve and represent you. 



Gene Wu
State Representative