It is the Southwest Management District’s mission to establish and implement projects and programs to:
- Enhance and promote the image of the District;
- Create a desirable area to attract more businesses, investments, and residents;
- Provide services and information that will stimulate business growth in the District;
- Provide for easy access to, from, and through the District;
- Create a safe environment for businesses and residents in the District in order to increase revitalization; and
- Spur redevelopment of this mixed neighborhood for all property owners, residents, and tenants.
We hope this website will inspire property owners, business owners and area residents to participate in the ongoing positive changes which are currently underway, as well as those planned for the future. The Southwest Management District is rich with diverse culture and history and is uniquely situated to provide resources and enhance the quality of life for business owners and residents alike. The Sharpstown area is a premier business and residential area with plenty of retail space and vacant land still available.Our mission is to positively impact Public Safety, Economic Development, Environmental and Urban Design, and Mobility and Transportation to help create an environment attractive to business, residents and visitors alike and to promote the redevelopment and growth of the area. Strategically located in the fast growing southwest region of Houston, the Southwest Management District has something for everyone. Our location between major transportation corridors such as Beltway 8 and the Highway 59 corridor creates a unique opportunity for businesses of all kinds.We hope that you will consider joining us in a premier place to invest, live and play. To learn more about the District and the mission of the Board of Directors, we invite you to attend a monthly board meeting or perhaps volunteering for a committee.Thank you for visiting our website and come back often to check on “What’s Happening” in the Southwest Management District!~ Alice Lee