TEXAS HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
State Representative· District 137
HISD is offering a virtual learning academy for the fall semester beginning Monday, August 30. Applications are due TOMORROW, 8/25. Not all students are eligible, so please read the below requirements carefully.
Hay información en español también aquí: https://www.houstonisd.org/
Virtual Learning Academy Details:
Who is eligible?
- Students too young to be vaccinated (11 and under) who meet specific medical requirements
- The specific medical requirements are detailed at this link: https://www.houstonisd.org/
- Students who wish to enroll in the virtual academy must also be enrolled in HISD before applying.
What is the application timeline?
- Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
- In addition to the online application, parents must submit official medical documentation to the school their student is enrolled in/was planning to enroll in by 4 PM on Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
- If your student meets the requirements, they will be notified by phone/email/text on Friday, August 27, 2021. Virtual academy classes start on Monday, August 30, 2021.
- If your student is not eligible, they will be notified and must attend their regular assigned campus for in-person classes.
How can I learn more about the application process, the academy, etc.?
- Please visit the virtual academy homepage to learn more or start your application: https://www.houstonisd.org/
Again, applications are due TOMORROW, August 25, so if you are interested, please visit the HISD Virtual Academy page above.